Look, not everyone can be a world-class piano player or a skilled painter. Sometimes the things we excel at don't matter in the greater schemes of the world or are all that impressive. Even so, that shouldn't take away the pride you should feel over the skills you have, regardless of how totally useless they are.
Reddit user, u/jcor123, wanted to hear what completely useless thing you can do when they asked:
I can recognize people by the way they walk
I can usually tell who in my family is walking up or down the stairs by the sound of their footsteps
2% Margin For Error
I can flip a coin into my pocket like 98% of the time. Fun party/bar trick but completely pointless
Have you tried betting that for drinks?
Yes. If I do it's usually with more change in the pocket and like a one dollar coin. When it hits the bottom of the pocket it makes an audible metallic sounds. And the gold coin is for show
Do They Also Hang Low?
Wiggle my ears
Can you wiggle them individuallly?
Cause I can.
That's pretty cool. No I don't think I've ever tried. But now I'm gonna spend time in the mirror trying lol. I have my doubts because I can only 'bounce' 1 of my pecs...lol
...Are You Making That Up?
I can name all the countries of the world.
Including limited recognition states like Abkhazia or Northern Cyprus.
Over, Under, Through The LoopGiphy
I can tie someone else's shoes using only my feet
If you don't mind me asking, how did you obtain this skill?
One boring summer day I kept untying everybody's shoes under the table by pulling the loose laces with my toes sneakily, and when one guy eventually got fed up after having to retire his shoes for the third time, he jokingly said "ok this time you have to put it back! With your feet since you think it's soooo funny!" And I just... Did it! We were all surprised, honestly.
Whistle While Breathing
I can proficiently whistle while blowing air as well as breathing it in. Means I can whistle for much longer than the average human.
Vibrate my eyes = useless, raise one eyebrow = useless, undulate my tongue = useless, point out all 50 states in 35 seconds as a Canadian = 50/50.
I can vibrate my eyes too, it is useless but fun to mess with people while they are talking to me.
I can tell the time period a movie came out within a few seconds
What are the triggers? Film quality, music, outfits, or you just know every movie ever and when it came out?
The first part - film quality, style, pacing, even how the frame is composed. It just screams a bunch of tells at me somehow.
Left to Right, Right to Left
I can write in mirror-image cursive backwards perfectly with my right (dominant) hand, as well as write in cursive with both hands at the same time going in opposite directions.
As in, writing left to right with my left hand while writing right to left with my right hand (mirror image) and meeting in the middle. Also the other way: writing right to left with my left hand (mirror image) while writing left to right with my right hand (both hands going toward the outer edges of the page).
I am top 1000 in the world at Boggle. Gets me allllll the ladies.
So you count yourself among the 1000 people that play Boggle?
Here are a couple tips I've found really help:
- Many words can often be rearranged to spell other words with the same letters. For example, if you see "eat," it's very likely you can also make "ate," "tea," and "eta."
- Looking for suffixes that can tag onto existing words, like "-ed," "-ic," or "-ing." If you're feeling particularly saucy, stuff like "-ish," "-tion," or "-ally" also works.
- Prefixes are also good. "Pro-," "anti-," "re-," "en-," and others have served me well.
- This one works especially well if you're playing on a mobile device: just try stuff. They'll tell you whether or not your word is a word. I generally go for smaller words because if I'm wrong I didn't waste a lot of time. I also attach different prefixes to the suffixes previously mentioned, or try to connect a prefix to an already made word.
- People Share The Most Pointless Special Ability They Possess - George Takei ›
- People Confess The Most Useless Skill They Possess - George Takei ›
- People Share The Best Skills Someone Can Master On Their Daily Commute - George Takei ›
- People Break Down Their Most Useless Skills - George Takei ›