Just because it can exist doesn't mean it should.
Not every idea is great. Still, through sheer will power, convincing, or luck, some people are able to get their worst ideas off the ground and into reality. Worse of all, people will actually buy these inventions that don't make any sense!
Redditor u/animatelego asked, "What is the most useless invention you have seen?" and many people pointed out products that just don't make sense.
10. If only weight loss was that easy
"Those old vibrating belts that you would put around your waist to help with losing weight. That's my first memory of thinking something was a ploy to take money from people through useless gimmicks."
9. Thanks robot, didn't see that thereGiphy
"So in my Giant store, they have a robot that randomly turns on and rolls around the store looking for messes, and when it finds one it just stands there, and does nothing. Just standing there waiting for someone to clean up the mess"
8. My grandma wore one for a week
"Whatever that bracelet was that supposedly balanced one's chi."
7. Rubber bands are practically free
"You often see this advertisement about the wrist band that gives you electric shocks as a punishment if you try to break a bad habit, like smoking. This is called aversion therapy. Well, this electric shock wrist band has no magical sensors to detect when you are doing what you want to stop and you have to push a button to give you the electric shock.
If you would just use rubber band around your wrist and let it slap on your wrist as a punishment, you would basically get the same result for a fraction of the price of the electric shock band."
6. Just make sandwiches like a normal person
"Last year for Christmas my insane aunt gave me a breakfast sandwich maker. I sold it before I used it, but the instructions made it look like you had to cook everything first, and then you insert the food in some slots and it will stack them up to make a sandwich. Stupidest thing I've ever seen"
5. I can't think of a practical reason to have a fridge that plays music
"These refrigerators with Bluetooth and pandora. Why."
4. It doesn't make salad betterGiphy
"The salad fork. I don't see why shorter makes it better."
3. This is the epitome of a rip off
"Airpod wires to never lose them..."
2. It's an invitation for liars
"The pop up 'I am 18 or older' on porn site"
1. Someone is finally taking a stand against cocktail napkins
They completely fail at their purpose.
- It doesn't keep the bar dry.
- They turn into a wet pile in just a few minutes.
- They stick to the bottom of whatever you're drinking (unless, like a troglodyte, you put a bunch of salt on it).
- Also, in some locations, they just blow away.
Next time you see someone open a bunch of cocktail napkins, think to yourself: '100% of that will be thrown in the dump, after unsatisfactorily fulfilling their mission'"