1. Okay this is heavy and I've never told anyone because it makes me feel ridiculous... Anyway. I was at a party in college, out at this girls house in the middle of nowhere and everyone was drinking. I had too much and needed fresh air and to grab my purse so I went out and sat behind my car. This guy came out and sat next to me. He was in my English class so I knew him but we never really talked.
Long story short he hit on me, I rejected him, and he flipped shit and forced me into my back seat to try to rape me. I was parked far enough away and in the dark so no one saw and he had my mouth covered and all my drunk brain could think was that awful advice of "pee yourself and your attacker will be grossed out and leave."
So I did. And he had his hand forced down my pants so it got all over his hand. He was pretty grossed out. Slapped me with the pee hand, called me a "sick b*tch" and left. I was too embarrassed to go back in covered in piss so I just left. I drove home drunk and ashamed and crying. Luckily I made it there safe. I took a shower and laughed at myself and cried. So yeah probably the farthest I've gone to get rid of a guy...
2. The guy always followed and attempted to grope me whenever I tried to go on a simple walk and even showed up at my doorstep persistently. There was a time when I was actually scared to leave my own house. The idea that I should feel so restricted by just one guy filled me with determination to do something so horrible that he would have no choice but to leave me alone.
I shat in a cup and threw it at him. It got all over his shirt and dripped down his front, setting him into a bitch panic. Thankfully, I never saw him again.
3. I was working at a diner in college after moving back to my hometown. I reconnect with a childhood friend, have some polite conversation but maintain strict boundaries.
Then he started showing up at my workplace. Every single day.
And hit on me relentlessly.
It got to the point where he would come in, buy a coffee or a soda, and then hang out for hours until my shift was over so he could follow me to my car. I wasn't allowed to kick him out of the diner because "hey he's a paying customer!" And I didn't think I could call the cops. I told him over and over and over again to leave me alone, but of course, nothing. At one point he went into the diner while I was in class ( because of course he had memorized my schedule like a creepy little worm) and convinced my boss that he was my cousin and he had to get my phone number from her because "our" grandmother had had an accident.
That was the final straw. I went home, called my great grandma and got her to pull his grandmothers phone number out of her address book. We had a great talk and she put the beat down on him I guess, because I never saw him again after that.
4. After me and my ex broke up he stalked me for two years. He would text me every so often and I would be polite and ask him how he was, then he would start to insult me when I didn't want to hang out with him (He cheated on me with another girl). After getting sick of his random text messages I pretended that it wasn't my number. When he messaged me I said "who is this" he was like you know who it is. I replied with "I just got this number and guys are constantly texting it for this chick named ---" my ex apologized and I never heard from him again.
Continue reading on the next page!
5. I went on a date to the beach with this guy and he invited me to his house. We ate some food and afterwards he kissed me. It made me a little uncomfortable so I told him I had to go, and that I had plans. He tried to convince me to stay, and then said that I couldn't leave until I said I would be his girlfriend. Red flags are going off and so I tried to keep the mood very light, and started to gather my things while saying things like like "Oh, you really like me hey? That's sweet..." I went to leave and suddenly he's in front of me, grabbing my wrists and asking me to be his girlfriend.
Yeah, ok bud, whatever you say. I'm your girlfriend now. Unfortunately, he drove, so I told him my parents lived nearby (not true) and I would just walk there. I really didn't want him to know where I lived at this point. He follows me out into the street, offering me a ride, trying to hold my hand and walk me home. So I just bolt. I broke a flip flop that day. I think he followed me for a while but I got far enough ahead of him. It was about two hour walk home so I think eventually he just gave up.
It started raining on the way. I remember being in my bathing suit and a dress, holding my shoes, running in the rain and laughing about how much I'd rather be there on the side of the road than in that guys house for one more minute.
We've been dating ever since!
(JK, I broke up with him over text message when I got home. Apparently, it's not so easy to force someone to be your girlfriend).
6. He kept writing me texts saying shit like, "Baby we were meant to be together, if you give me a chance, please baby!" (which is douche code for: I want to f**k you, why won't you let me?) so I acted like a crazy person and sent him the lyrics to Bob Dylan's "Changing of The Guards" and gave him an in depth analysis on how these lyrics were a sign from some great cosmic being and made up bullshit about how I found connections in the lyrics to our new relationship.
He totally fucked off after that and never sent me another message. It was fun though. I totally recommend everyone act crazy when dealing with crazy.
7. I once told a guy at a party that his personality was so disgusting it made me want to vomit. He didn't believe me, and continued to hit on me. So I voluntarily vomited on him just to get my point across.
8. I was in college (looked like a high schooler, was 21 and a senior in college), out at a bar/restaurant with some friends who were also college students, but not all 21 and able to drink legally, so we were there before the 8pm 21+ only cutoff.
I was well-known as a Creeper Magnet. You could drop me in a room with 100 guys, 99 perfectly reasonable human beings and 1 creeper, and the creeper, and no one else, would instantly make a beeline for me.
Creeper comes up, all "Heeeeyyyy bebbeh," and there I am, drinking my Coke, like, "plz go away now." He sits down, makes himself comfortable, starts grilling me about what classes I like, what my plans are after graduation, the like. I'm giving one-word answers, looking for my friends to come rescue me from Creeper. Creeper asks if I know where I want to go to college, it occurs to me that he thinks I'm a high school student. Bonus Creeper points, the guy's in his 30s. He very slyly offers to buy me a drink (nudge nudge the "special" kind).
I tell him, "If I want a drink I'll buy MY OWN, since I'm a senior in COLLEGE."
Little sonic boom as he vacated the stool.
Yeah. I had a 30something guy quit hitting on me because I WASN'T 17.
Continue reading on the next page!
9. I finally had to sic my dad on someone. Ordinarily I never would because the man has multiple black belts in martial arts, competitively did martial arts and was crazy. I'd much rather go to the police than dad but it didn't work.
Started out as a friend of my boyfriend being introduced to me. He wasn't really my friend but was always around. He was never anything but polite but would constantly reference how lucky my boyfriend was.
Fast forward to our break up. Suddenly this guy was everywhere I went. Due to the break up we weren't even in the same circle. The grocery store, the park, everywhere. Small town so I didn't really consider him stalkerish, especially as he was always so polite. He asked me out once, I said no and he remained polite.
Continued to follow me around. Made friends with all my friends. Showed up anywhere he heard I'd be. He was older (I was 18, he was 24) so everyone always had him buy alcohol. No one complained about him. He was polite, really only spoke to me.
It started to make me uncomfortable but I didn't feel afraid. I was pretty sure I could kick his ass if it ever came to it (I'm my father's daughter). So, one night my two friends were complaining they'd bought four tickets to a concert and the other couple backed out. I said I'd go and my stalker said he'd go. Oops. Oh well, I didn't want to be rude.
Night of the concert he never showed. It was a relief honestly. We had fun and I didn't really think about it much. A couple days later I get a collect call from my county jail. It was this guy apologizing over and over for standing me up "for our first date". He got arrested for possession. I assured him I wasn't upset and that it wasn't a date anyway.
I got a couple more collect calls but I just declined them. That's when the letters started. Two or three A DAY! Some were begging forgiveness. Some were explicit sexual fantasies. Some were him writing like we were a couple, talking about our future kids and stuff. I took one more call to tell him to stop. They kept coming. In his head I was mad about him being in jail keeping us apart. That's why I didn't write back or take his calls.
He wrote to all my friends telling them we were in love and asking them to get me to talk to him. When they told him to stop, he decided they were against him and trying to keep us apart. They were lying about him and confusing me.
I called the jail and told them so they restricted my number and didn't post letters to me from him. It was quiet for about a week. Then letters in his handwriting started to appear in my car and mailbox (but not posted). The letters were telling me he got locked up in psych for trying to kill himself and how I was an evil bitch for doing this to him. Then the next would be begging forgiveness. Then more sex fantasy stuff but now it all featured him "punishing" me and teaching me how to be a good girl.
I called the police. They caught someone putting the letters in my car. He'd hired some ex con to deliver them. He'd mail to him and that guy would deliver them. The guy had photos of me he was mailing back to my stalker. That guy didn't get charged but they revoked his parole or something.
It was quiet for another week, then it all started again. Finally I called my dad and told him the whole story and showed him a few of the letters. He turned a shade of purple and drove straight to the jail.
I have no idea what he said or did but I only got one more letter. It was a terrified apology begging me not to have him killed and he'd never contact me again.
He never did. He never contacted any of my friends.
Continue reading on the next page!
10. Semi-recently, I was at a 24hr restaurant by my self around 9 or 10 pm. It was the kind of place that had counters with barstools and free wifi, with a mix of locals and travelers. At one point I felt... watched... and I looked up to see a man staring and smiling at me. I thought maybe I had met him somewhere so I gave a quick polite smile and resubmerged myself in Reddit and my cheap meal. An hour and a half later, my phone battery died and I payed up and left.
Well he was there, in the parking lot, waiting for me, smiling and waving from his truck and motioning for me to come over. I was shocked and froze mid step for a couple seconds, but then nervously shook my head no and turned away to unlock my car door. I heard the truck engine start saw the bright beams of headlights flash on behind me as I quickly hopped in my car - no fiddling with music playlists or air conditioning - and sped out of there. I thought I'd made it clear I wasn't interested, but when I saw a truck speeding along just behind me, I switched lanes just in case (even then thinking I must be paranoid, there were plenty of truckers on the road that night, it probably wasn't him).
The truck also switched lanes, all the while getting closer. I frantically swerved back to the other lane. So did the truck. By this time he right behind me, flashing his brights and while smiling and jovially waving for me to pull over. He chased me all over the road through town until until I turned at full speed without signalling or braking and skidded sideways down a side-road, darted into a random driveway, turned off the car and hid crying and shaking for half an hour until I was sure he was gone.
11. There was a guy in one of my freshman classes who would stare at me all during class. The desks were arranged in such a way that half were facing the front of the room, and the other half were facing the opposite wall. This gave us a very clear view of one another.
I had a gravity storm while I was walking down the stairs one day and somehow ended up with an impressive gash in the side of my leg. The guy saw the wound the next day and asked me what happened, and the day after that, he came up to my desk and said he had something to show me.
He pulled up his pant leg to reveal a cut that was in the exact same spot as mine, as well as of a similar length. He told me he had done it for me. This was at the very beginning of the semester, and for the rest of the year I was extremely vigilant about only looking straight ahead in that class so as not to make eye contact with him. I pretty much never saw the left side of my world events classroom.
12. I worked in a China shop just after I left school and this guy showed up every day for weeks begging me to go out with him, telling me how pretty I am etc. It got to the point where I was afraid to go to work because he'd started to hint that bad things could happen to girls who aren't nice...so I told my boss (using my two words of Chinese and a lot of sign language because Wang spoke zero English) and when he came in she started shouting at him in Chinese.
I want you to picture the scene. Six foot man with muscles on his muscles being chased out of a tiny Chinese shop by an even tinier Chinese lady with a broom who is yelling at the top of her lungs. I'm pretty sure that the sea couldn't have washed him clean of what she said to him.
It's a treasured memory to this day...
with your friends!