The best facts are odd and useless. Anything normal and useful are... well, they're facts too, but they're just not as much fun.
This article is inspired by the super cool facts on slightlywarped.
1. Men process other men's voices with the part of the brain that processes simple sounds such as car engines and machinery, but they process female voices with the part of the brain that processes music.
3. MSNBC anchor Mika Brezinski refused to read a report about Paris Hilton's release from jail.
Then, after being pressured again to do the story, she attempted to light the script on fire on the air.
4. Scientists can grow bacon from stem cells.
6. A man spent 67 years of his life stereoblind, unable to experience depth perception.
But when he had to pay for 3D glasses to watch the movie Hugo, his brain suddenly
clicked and he could experience 3D-vision.
7. When filming summer scenes during winter, actors suck on ice cubes just before the camera rolls. This cools their mouths so their breath doesn't condense in the cold air.
9. Caterpillars literally melt down into a sac of fluid cells, which then create the entire butterfly body from scratch.
10. Some Canadian police departments give out "positive tickets" to thank people for doing good.
12. When "The Princess and the Frog" came out, 50 children were hospitalized with salmonella from kissing frogs.
13. The chief translator for the European Parliament, Loannis Ikonomou, fluently speaks 32 languages.
15. American president Lyndon B. Johnson owned an amphibious car (a car that could drive on water). He would use it to scare guests by driving them into his lake while screaming about brake failure.
16. The founder of Pringles was buried in a Pringles can.
18. The founder of Match.com, Gary Kremen, lost his girlfriend to a man she met on Match.com.
19. Every treasurer of the United States since 1949 has been a woman. 21. In 1985, a man from New Orleans drowned at a party attended by 100 lifeguards.
The party was to celebrate going an entire summer without a drowning in a city pool.
21. One man broke into Buckingham Palace, twice. The first time, he wandered around tripping alarms and eating food before getting bored and leaving. The second time, he got into the Queen's bedroom, and talked to her for 10 minutes before being kicked out.
22. In the entire state of Ohio in 1895, there were only two cars on the road. The drivers of these two cars crashed into each other.
24. "&" and "and" mean different things in movie credits. Two writers' names joined with "&" means they collaborated, while "and" means they worked on the script at different times.
25. Doritos could be made without the powder and taste exactly the same. It was left on because it was decided that the residue on your fingers was part of the "Doritos experience".