I was shocked when I found out that finishing each item on my plate (i.e. veggies, meat, potatoes) before moving on to the next one was weird. I thought everyone ate the same!
Redditors were asked: "What's one thing you secretly hope you do the same as everyone else, but would never ask?" Here are some of the best answers.
1. Sneeze like normal people. I swear when I do it's like thunder bursted.
2. I don't wash my back in the shower because it's too hard to reach. Does anyone actually wash theirs?
3. For females with medium to long hair: Do you pull strands of hair out of your butthole sometimes? Mostly in the shower. It's such a strange sensation, but I kind of like it. I think it only happens to me because I've never seen anyone talk about it, not even on reddit.
4. When meeting anyone 1-on-1 for the first time, I run a marathon race in my head of things to say to keep the conversation flowing. At the same time, I secretly wish someone else would show up to share the burden.
5. Thinking. How do people think thoughts? Do they see their thoughts in the form of pictures or words or what?
6. Just simply talking. Do other people think my voice sounds stupid? Too high-pitched? Voice cracks? Awkwardly deep voice? It's especially worse when I listen to myself on video. It's a cringe-fest. I'm usually fine/don't notice but someone points something out or I notice something and suddenly it's the only thing I can think of and I don't want to converse with anyone anymore.
8. When people say "Say hi to so and so for me." I never fucking do it.
9. Sometimes I wonder if other people feel as empty inside as I do. There isn't that much in here if you think about it. Not in a depressing way, but just an observation.
10. If anyone can hear me masturbating... It's so conflicting
11. My internal train of thought. My mind usually wanders to a million different places...then, when I think about thinking, I get a little uneasy as there are two different 'layers of thoughts' going on. One which is the normal one and the second which is analyzing the first.
12. Talk to myself, usually to reassure myself when something bad happens. Like I'll say Oh fuck, that just happened.. oh shit.. calm down, it's okay, don't worry... you're fine!" For some reason it just makes everything so much better.
13. Eye contact. Do I make too much or too little? If one of my classmates/ friends comes by to talk to me while I work is it okay to just chat without eye contact or very little? Also, what if I'm cross-eyed or have a lazy eye and no one wants to tell me?
14. Colours. I don't know if I see colours the same way other people do. What if what is red to other people is actually blue to me, and they just call red "blue" and I call blue "red"? I will never know.
15. Do other people imagine like totally awesome scenarios in their head when their walking in public? Like what if a massive spy hunt just happened in front of me or something like that?
16. Wiping after I poo. I get its not complicated...but no one ever really explained...
17. Feel love. I find myself wondering upon occasion if I don't feel it the way other people do.
18. Sometimes when im cooking i talk to myself like gollum/smeagol "yess, lets have some spice on this precious! we wouldn't wants it to be booring! ooh no"
19. Walk. Walking past people becomes a nightmare when I start to think about it. Are my arms too flaily? Am I bouncing too much? No, now I look like I'm trying to hover, I got this, I got this. Oh god what do I do with my hands
20. Using tampons. No one ever showed me how to do it, and I'm too embarrassed to ask. They are painful when I insert them and I feel very uncomfortable for most of the day. I tried using lube, but my hand just slipped off and I smacked myself square in the nuts.
21. I hope my chew noise is normal. Too slurpy? Too smacky? Who knows?
22. Masturbate... Oh god, what if I'm doing it wrong.... But it feels so right.
Share with friends!