Timothy Hiatt
/ Contributor via Getty Images

Everybody at least one thing they can brag about. And try as we might, there are always instances where all we want is to slip that piece of information into a conversation. But what is the right technique to work a in a humblebrag? These Redditors will tell you.

u/HoldMeDownSanta asked: What's one humble brag you always like to slide into conversation?


I mean hey, it's a free $30.

I get royalties for a song used in some movie (Pennies in Heaven, thank you /u/BrodieGirlRealness) in the 80s and Fallout New Vegas.

Back in the 30s a distant relative wrote a song that happened to get a dozen different covers during the 40s and 50s... and it was just the right style for Fallout's radio stations. Thanks to Disney's never-ending quest to make copyrights last forever... here I am nearly 100 years later collecting about $30 a month.

It makes my taxes a pain in the butt, though. Schedule E for rental properties and royalties made it so I couldn't do simple filing EVER.

It's a weird thing to have, and so I try to slip it into conversations because it's something fun to talk about.

tahlyn

I be flossin'.

Giphy

I floss every day. That's right, every single day!

phillybride

That's is actually quite impressive.

ClownfishSoup

Power move.

"Did I stutter?" I have a bad stutter, so this helps assert dominance. Works. Every. Time. It's how I actually met my girlfriend, I used that line and she laughed so hard she gave me her number

Beneficial_Loan34

Bro that's a power move if I ever heard of one GG

johnathaothegreat

LMAO

I build rockets. Like big ones.

SL-Gremory-

That's not exactly brain surgery.

dukunt

Now THAT'S skill.

Giphy

I've ridden all 47 rides at Disney World in a single day without any sort of VIP tour cheating.

orlandodad

The freelance writer grind...

That I'm a freelance writer and I'm not allowed to disclose some of the people I've written for... you know, since you asked.

ElBeatch

What was it like writing for a well known 90's TV show actor?

pr3dato8

Now THAT'S cool.

I have an asteroid named after me for my contributions on a currently flying space mission.

I mean, it isn't a big asteroid... but it's a little proof that I've launched at least one thing into space.

TucsonCat

Bold and brash.

Giphy

My Master's degree in clarinet performance. Just because it was so d*mn difficult and would probably never get me a pay rise either. But I started it and finished it. So proud of that useless degree...

macworth

Squidward is prolly jealous of you.

_anxious_beaver_

Pure talent.

Being able to say the alphabet backwards in about 5 seconds flat consistently

rwbyfan433

This is good because you can easily provide proof, and it pairs well with drinking.

4ninawells

Ah yes, good ol' fashioned sexism.

I'm a pilot.

Although, as a woman, it often just confuses people and they sometimes respond, "Oh, like a flight attendant?"

xenedra0

Impressive.

Giphy

I'm naturally left handed, but I'm nearly self-taught ambidextrous. I've been teaching my right hand to do what my left hand normally would do, including writing.

mtotwuoc

Nice.

My cup size. 99% of the time the girls are a pain in the ass and I'd drop down if given the chance, but that 1% of the time they come in handy makes it worth it. I only mention it to girls, but I make no effort to lower my voice if boys happen to hear.

aintnogreatloss

Talent at a young age.

When I was a little girl, my school made all of us sit down and create little anti-smoking propaganda posters for some kind of PSA or another. Mine was apparently good enough that it got me an award, a picture with the attorney general, and a small write-up in the local paper.

CheesecakeStirFry

So wholesome!

Giphy

I have a viral video where I saved a drowning dog at an abandoned waterpark. On my channel is has about 250k views, but on Facebook it has about 35 million views on The Dodo.

TheAjalin

Love a good celeb hang.

My dad knows Ed Sheeran's mom, they're friends. My mother is friends with Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid from Harry Potter) and used to go to his parties before she moved. My sister has met Anne-Marie and plays hockey with Ed's wife.

wizardandwolf227

Image by ANURAG1112 from Pixabay

Any engaged couple looks forward to the big day when after months of planning, they get to tie the knot and declare their love in front of family and friends.

Keep reading... Show less
Image by Robin Higgins from Pixabay

Sometimes I think back to a teacher I had when I was a kid who demanded to know whether any of us were "raised in a barn" in response to crappy behavior. Namely littering. She hated littering. Can you blame her? It's a horrible habit and some people do it with no sense of shame. She dedicated much of her time to telling students to pick up after themselves and dispose of things properly. For that, I'm thankful.

But why didn't anyone else get the memo? The trash I see on the streets is obscene.

People had lots of thoughts to share after Redditor SneakyStriedker876 asked the online community,

"What seemingly uncivilized thing is commonplace in society?"
Keep reading... Show less
Image by Cucu Petronela from Pixabay

I love presents. I try to hide my enthusiasm, and I do my best to appease the greater public by saying "it's the thought that counts." But that is a WHOLE lie. I don't just love gifts, I love great gifts. And if you go rogue from my lists, please keep a receipt. It's just plain rude to divert from what the recipient has requested.

This thought process has emerged from experience. I have received some trash presents over the years and now I'm too old to pretend you just went crazy while shopping. Like... "do you even know me?!"

Redditor u/sulemannkhann wanted to hear all about the presents some of us have received that we prayed, came with a receipt, by asking:

What's the worst birthday gift you ever got?
Keep reading... Show less
Image by Pawel86 from Pixabay

I'm still on the fence about this whole extraterrestrial situation. I need more proof. Now I'm not naive enough to think that in this vast, endless universe only the human race exists. I just need proof, tangible, solid, didn't see it from my trailer through beer goggles proof.

I also need proof about the afterlife, another out there topic. Truth be told, I've never been that into this whole conversation. I've got enough daily problems on this planet, let alone worrying about making Will Smith's biggest hits into documentaries and not just popcorn/comedy space farce.

But let's compare thoughts...

Redditor u/ValencikHannibal197 wanted to discuss life beyond this planet, what do we really think? They asked:

What's the best theory on UFOs or aliens you've ever heard??
Keep reading... Show less