JOIN
OUR EMAIL LIST!

What Lurks Below?

Oceans cover 71% of the Earth's surface. That means oceans contain 99% of the living space on the entire planet. So far, humans have only explored about 20% of that vast realm. Who knows what lurks in the other 80%?

Reddit user Barazway asked people to imagine the answer to that exact question.

Here are the creative responses.

What Escapes Us

You know when someone is standing nearby you can sense their presence bc of a change in pressure? Well imagine you're living in a super high pressure environment where anything is hardly around and a submarine is coming in the distance. Doesn't it make sense that anything with a lateral line that notices a change in pressure would swim away? Imagine the stuff that's out there that we haven't seen bc they noticed we were coming from a mile away and escaped!

Not So Great White

Megalodon, I hope.

Washer Blackhole

Hopefully most of my missing socks, it's the only logical explanation.

Horrors

Horrible horrible creatures that would make me squeal like a 4 year old girl.

Amazing Things

I really hope there are lots more amazing things down there.

We already found creatures that light up like a disco, creatures that are actually an entire colony of smaller creatures, swimming unicorns and immortal beings.

I don't think we can even dream of what else might be.

Yummy

Jason Momoa

Lion Hunters

Tuna that have learned to hunt lions via a breathing apparatus made from kelp.

Ichthyosaurs

Creatures we thought were extinct. We have already found some fish we thought died off swimming around at normal depths in the Indian Ocean. There's probably a few sea creatures we think are dead but are not.

Eight Legged Freaks

A society of highly-intelligent octopuses. Octopi? OCTOPODES?

Potterdom

Mermaids. But they don't look like how we think.

Maybe Jason Momoa is There

Atlantis.

Like Gojira?

Super Behemoths capable of eating whole ships and surviving nuclear blasts.

What Really Happened to Leon Trotsky

Sea communists.

I Choose You!

The Gyarados James got rid of.

Get Your Jaeger

Kaiju, obviously.

Little Green Men

Man it would be sick if there was a crashed ancient spaceship down there.

Not the One From The Monkees

Oh, just a few lost nuclear weapons, plenty of cargo containers, Davey Jones....

Bring Your Own Butter

Lobsters apparently don't die from old age, they just get bigger. So an absolutely massive lobster.

Hello Darkness

Just this.

Great Old Ones

Cthulhu.

Just all of it - it's all Cthulhu.

Reset

A button that says 'Restore the earth's factory settings'.

And a label that says "MADE IN CHINA".

Image by MOHAMMEd ALIM from Pixabay

People hard up for cash will do anything. But what about the other way around?

Keep reading... Show less
Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

Everyone talks about how the 20s are supposed to be the time of our lives. And that's largely true. But it's not all wine and roses.

Keep reading... Show less
Image by Sammy-Williams from Pixabay

Don't disturb my beauty sleep! That's the one rule I have––and thankfully I live alone, so there isn't anyone to bother me, which is fabulous. But that doesn't mean I'm immune to getting woken up in the middle of the night. The worst way I can think of off the top of my head? The time a drunk guy wandered into my friend's yard and started banging on the window while I was trying to sleep. It was 3 a.m. The incident also gave me the fright of my life!

People told us about the experiences that yanked them out of dreamland after Redditor GratefulD_86 asked the online community,

"What is the worst way you've been woken up?"
Keep reading... Show less
Image by SilviaP_Design from Pixabay

I love food! Maybe a little too much. It's been an especially amorous relationship over this pandemic. And I know I'm not alone.

All of our palettes are tuned to our own personal tastes. And sometimes certain items and combinations of tastes can leave others less than enticed.

I've lost track of all the side-eye I've gotten when I declare how much I enjoy PINEAPPLE on pizza. I said it. I meant it. Fight me. Let's discuss who else has eclectic tastes.

Redditor u/CatVideoFest wanted to discuss the mixing of certain ingredients that don't leave the best taste in one's mouth by asking:

Keep reading... Show less