If you ever believed you'd live your entire life without seeing Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson jam out to an Ariana Grande song, you're in luck.
The actors, who are the stars of Captain Marvel, the latest addition to the um, well, Marvel cinematic universe, stopped by The Late Late Show with James Corden for their film publicity tour. The two of them sang Ariana Grande's "7 Rings," one of the hit songs from her Thank U Next album.
They then went ahead and took a lie detector test.
Things we learned:
- Larson wouldn't be honest with Jackson if she didn't like his performance in a scene.
- Larson doesn't actually like any of Jackson's snazzy hats.
- Larson doesn't think Jackson has a strong singing voice.
- Jackson likes Larson's Captain Marvel suit.
- Jackson would be honest with Larson if he didn't like her performance in a scene.
- Jackson farts a lot when filming a scene.
It's all pretty fabulous:
Samuel L. Jackson & Brie Larson Sing Ariana Grande's 7 Rings - Carpool Karaoke: The Series Preview - youtu.be
Fans loved it.
This isn't Larson's first time singing in front of a camera, by the way. The actress, who received the 2015 Best Actress Oscar for Room, was a Disney performer who gave us the absolutely legendary Finally Out of P.E...
Brie Larson - She Said (Radio Edit) www.youtube.com
...and also sang in one of the best sequences from 2010's Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
The Clash At Demonhead - Brie Larson Full Version (320kbps) www.youtube.com
Captain Marvel is already on its way to an estimated $20 million to 24 million Thursday night per Deadline industry sources. Check it out and let us know what you thought in the comments!