Celebrities they're people too!
1. Kesha has an IQ of 140 and scored 1500 on her SATs. She turned down a full ride to Brown University to pursue her music career.
2. Oprahs real name is Orpah. Her name was listed as "Orpah" on her birth certificate, after the biblical figure in the Book of Ruth, but people mispronounced it regularly and "Oprah" stuck.
3. The Shawshank Redemption scene where Andy and Red's chat in the prison yard, in which Red is pitching a baseball, took nine hours to shoot. Morgan Freeman pitched that baseball for the entire nine hours without a word of complaint. He showed up for work the next day with his arm in a sling. Morgan Freeman's favorite film of his own.
4. Leonardo DiCaprio was named Leonardo because his pregnant mother was looking at a Leonardo da Vinci painting in a museum in Italy when DiCaprio first kicked.
5. Jerry Springer was the mayor of Cincinnati.
6. Steve Buscemi was a firefighter early on in life. He put on his old gear and helped out at the World Trade Centre immediately after 911.
7. When Madonna moved to NYC, she worked at Dunkin Donuts. She got fired because she squirted jelly on a customer.
8. The famous line, "My name is Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump," in Forrest Gump was actually (Continued)
Continue reading on the next page!
in Forrest Gump was actually ad libbed by Tom Hanks while filming the scene. Director Robert Zemeckis liked it so much that he decided to keep it in.
9. Sean Connery wore a toupee in every James Bond movie he appeared in.
10. Sylvester Stallone's face looks the way it does because he was born with Bell's Palsey. The left side of his face is partially paralyzed.
11. Alanis Morissette, Ashton Kutcher, and Scarlett Johansson all have twins.
12. Jim Parson's audition for the role of Dr. Sheldon Cooper was so good that creator Chuck Lorre immediately asked Parsons to come in for a second one, because Lorre wanted to be 100% sure Parsons was as brilliant as he seemed. After the 2nd audition went perfectly, Lorre cast Parsons on the spot.
13. Ryan Gosling was almost in the Backstreet Boys. He was offered a place in the band, since he lived in the same Orlando apartment complex as A.J. McLean
14. Steve Jobs used to relieve stress by soaking his feet in Apples company toilets.
15. Nicolas Cage once bought a pet octopus because he thought it would help with his acting.
16. Joaquin Phoenix was raised in a cult. His parents brought him and his siblings up in the Children of God cult until 1978. After his parents disaffiliated from the cult, the entire family (Continued)
Continue reading on the next page!
swapped continents and moved to California and changed the family's last name from Bottom to Phoenix.
17. Leonardo DiCaprio has a 38-pound Sulcata tortoise. He got the tortoise after attending the North American Reptile Breeders conference and asking for the biggest one they had. The tortoise could live for 80 years.
18. Jim Carey dropped out of school when he was 16 and worked as janitor.
19. Nicolas Cage was once stalked by a mime. I was being stalked by a mime silent, but maybe deadly. Somehow, this mime would appear on the set of Bringing Out the Dead and start doing strange things.
20. Rebel Wilson and Matt Lucas became roommates in real life after playing roommate in Bridesmaids. In 2012, they said that they were inspired by their roommate roles in Bridesmaids and decided to move in together. While living together, the two received complaints from neighbours for singing "Annie" showtunes too loudly.
21. J.K. Rowling was fired from her job as a secretary for daydreaming too much. After that, she wrote the Harry Potter books. Thank goodness she was fired!
22. In Star Wars, during the trash compactor scene, Mark Hamill (Luke) held his breath so long that he broke a blood vessel in his face. That's why many of the shots in the movie show only one side of his face.
23. Matthew Perry is missing part of his middle finger because of a door-shutting accident.
24. Lots of celebrities have strange phobias! Matthew McConaughey is terrified of revolving doors, Tyra Banks is scared of dolphins, and Johnny Depp suffers from coulrophobia de is afraid of clowns.
25. During the filming of The Avengers Robert Downey Jr hid snacks everywhere. The food he kept offering people in the movie was the actor's own personal stash - it wasn't written into the script, the actor just got hungry and would pull out food. The crew couldn't keep up with all his hiding places, so they (Continued)
Continue reading on the next page!
The crew couldn't keep up with all his hiding places, so theyfinally gave in and let him do it.
26. Robert Downey Jr quit doing hard drugs after he ate a really shitty burger from Burger King that made him rethink his life and throw out all of the drugs he had in his car. He thanked Burger King for this in Iron Man, when Tony gets back from being a prisoner, the first thing he wants to eat is a burger from BK!
27. The creators of South Park, Matt and Trey said that when South Park was starting to really heat up, they would get calls from celebrities all the time that would ask to guest star in the show. They would say "okay, you can be a cow" or something like that, and every celebrity would decline because they didn't get the joke of a major celebrity voicing something as small as that. Clooney asked, they said "okay you get to be a gay dog" and he went with it because he got the joke.
28. Family Guy creator, Seth Mcfarlane had a ticket for one of the flights that hit the World Trade Center on 9/11, but he was hung over and missed his flight.
29. Mr. Rogers was personal friends with koko the gorilla, and when she met him the first thing she did was try to take his shoes off, since that was what he always did first in the show
30. Jack Nicholson was a volunteer fireman, which made things complicated during filming for The Shining, as he got through the prop door so easily during the later part of the film that it appeared quite obviously fake. The props department decided to use a normal door to slow him down a bit.
31. When Ben Affleck was little, he asked his mom for a dog and she tested him by making him walk an imaginary pup for a week. In the end, he only lasted five days and didn't get the dog.
32. To this day, George Clooney gives people "their money back" if they mention (Continued)
Continue reading on the next page!
"Batman and Robin" to him.
33. Flavor Flav is a certified musical prodigy. He self taught and mastered the piano starting at age 5. He is proficient in 15 instruments.
34. Elvis was a natural blonde. He began dying his hair black in high school.
35. In Friends, Kudrow's pregnancy with husband Michael Stern was written into the show for both seasons 4 and 5. The writers didn't want Phoebe to be pregnant though so they came up with the idea for her to be a surrogate for her brother's triplets.
In the last season Cox became pregnant but she didn't have an option for it to be written into the show as it was already established that Chandler and Monica couldn't have kids, so the directors hid her stomach with props and costumes.
36. Not every celebrity grew up wanting fame! Before she got famous, Anne Hathaway wanted to grow up to be a nun. Tom Hanks was once enrolled in seminary school to become a priest.
37. Christopher Walken traveled with the circus when he was 15 as a lion tamer.
38. Natalie Portman has been published in TWO scientific journals.
Continue reading on the next page!
39. In Indiana Jones: The Kingdom of Crystal Skull, Ford requested that more jokes be made about Indiana's age because he thought it would reduce America's paranoia with aging. He also refused to dye his hair for the role because his "ambition in action is to have the audience look straight in his face and not the back of a stuntman's head."
40. Justin Timberlakes mother was Ryan Goslings legal guardian while they filmed The Mickey Mouse Club.
41. Christopher Walken traveled with the circus when he was 15 as a lion tamer.
42. Dolph Lundgren has a masters degree in chemical engineering and won a Fulbright Scholarship to study at MIT.
43. During World War II, Audrey Hepburn was a courier for resistance fighters in Holland.
The Mandela effect is when multiple people share the same, incorrect memory.
Its name stems from when paranormal researcher Fiona Broome falsely believed that the future president of South Africa, Nelson Mandela, died in prison in the 1980s.
A false memory she shared with a number of others.
Our memories have been known to deceive us, as we might frequently forget someone's name or one of our numerous online passwords.
But when we share a memory that turns out to be false with many others, convincing ourselves it wasn't the truth can be a very difficult ordeal indeed.
Redditor Mysterious_Boat_1701 was curious to hear people's most unsettling experiences with the Mandela Effect, leading them to ask:
"Which Mandela effect freaks you out the most and why?"
A mysterious gym
"Just had one personally."
"Went to a mall where there was supposedly a gym, asked around and nobody that worked at the mall knew what I was talking about."
"Looked around and couldn't find it."
"Come back a few months later and it’s right there in front of my face, you'd have to be strung out to not notice it."
"idk how or when it just appeared but it freaked me out."- prex320278
A "fruit"ful logo.
"That the fruit of the loom logo never had a cornucopia."
"What’s crazy about that one is that someone emailed the creator of the logo about it and he said even he remembers it having one."- mrcock2·
Less well intentioned than they thought.
"I Mandela effected my whole family once."
"Years ago there was a football player on a rival team that always did a dumb celebration after he got a sack and my family and I always hated it."
"One night after he did it my family started trashing the celebration and I said as a joke 'we are all going to feel terrible when we find out he is doing that celebration as a request from a make-a-wish kid'."
"Fast forward to years later and our team is playing that team again."
"The player got a sack and did the celebration."
"I rolled my eyes and said 'I hate that celebration so much' my mom instantly turned and said 'don't say that, he is doing it for a sick kid'."
"'I actually like it."
"So I was like 'what?'"
"'No there is no sick kid', my whole family then proceeded to argue with me'."
"They all vividly remembered reading articles about it, seeing special report segments before games about it, and other information."
"Some of them even thought they knew the disease the kid had and even extra details about why the kid chose that specific celebration."
"They all had these shared memories that they were sure were true."
"I was floored by all this and insisted none of that was true."
"So we looked it up.'
'No kid like that ever existed.'
"They still have trouble wrapping their heads around this one."
"Turned out human memory is not near as reliable as we think"
"It was American Football and the player was Jared Allen of the Minnesota Vikings and his cattle roping sack celebration."
"This was maybe 10 years ago."- AUSpartan37College Football Win GIF by Michigan State FootballGiphy
His eyesight was better than we thought.
"Mr. Monopoly's monocle."- Additional_Day9903
It's not easy being green.
"I have a personal one that to this day a decade later still destroys my mind."
"I had an old(ish) 2001 dodge neon."
"With BLACK SEATS.'
"I drove this car for years and years, like 80,000 miles.'
'All through college."
"I took work breaks in my car, commuted hours every day total, to college and then the opposite direction to work and back."
"I even lived out of this thing on several occasions.'
'The day I go and trade it in, I'm pulling misc things out of the car at the dealer."
'And the seats are GREEN."
"Not even a little."
'Like very unmistakably GREEN."
"In my black Neon, with black interior, that ALWAYS HAD BLACK SEATS."
"My girlfriend then, wife now, goes oh they've always been green."
"EXCEPT THEY F*CKING WEREN'T DON'T LIE TO ME."
"This is still upsetting to this day..... life is a lie and nothing is real."- ZakuLegionWinona Ryder Omg GIFGiphy
An urban legend was born.
"Not a global one, just a family thing."
"Back in 2002 my grandma had her 60th birthday, my father took us home at 10.00pm, ready for bed."
"We, me and brother, were 12 and 14 at this time."
'All went well."
"Over the years, a story was made up that we went missing after visiting the local playground after dinner at said grandma's birthday party."
"Some neighbors help to search us, the whole train of 'missing children in a smal village'-thing."
"Fun fact: we never went missing."
"Dad brought us home, put on 'Toy Story' on tv and left."
"My brother and I heard first about this in 2015.'
"From different people on different occasions."
"'Ah your one of the missing boys'."
"I first thought they were mocking me for a different event.'
"I got lost, but it was 2013, alcohol inflicted, different story."
"But then they ALL tell us the same story about us going missing."
'And the stories are damn close to 'true' in every story my mum is driving around the same neighbors to different locations to search, old wine yard, old mill etc."
"Sometimes I think I got lost on the most brutal way."
"I was lost and changed this plane of existence with another one."
"It sometimes made me think about my whole life."- tjorben123missing kenny mccormick GIF by South Park Giphy
Memories are a fascinating thing.
They can be changed or altered with even the tiniest suggestion.
And making the truth seem less believable than lies.
One last time. One last meal.
How do you chose a last meal?
Let's hope we never have to find out.
People on death row get that option.
Do they deserve it?
Whose to say?
But they have it.
A steak. A pizza... Burger King.
The food world is their oyster.
Oyster. Also an option.
The menu is endless...
Redditor No-Caterpillar4212 wanted to know what our menu choices would be if we faced the end. They asked:
"You're on a death row, you have one hour left, they ask for your final meal - what is it?"
I'd want 2 hours in a Golden Coral with a bar. Covers it all.
Masailor moon cooking GIFGiphy
"Everything my mom has ever made."
"I want a nice filet mignon, medium rare, a baked potato with everything on it, and a nice Cabernet from a good year - I'm thinking 2135."
"'Sorry, we couldn't get the Cabernet from 2135. So instead of what could have been a great wine request from a more plausible period of time, you get this crappy stuff we sourced from Wal-Mart. Enjoy your meal, I hope that maintaining your sense of humor was worth it."'
"Something badly cooked so I will be sick and want to die sooner and have diarrhea so bad it will be a last revenge!"
"Taco bell it is!"
"If Taco Bell makes you poop a lot, it's a sign that you probably need more fiber in your diet."
The Yuck Factor
"A huge bowl of baked beans, a bowl of shredded wheat, a six egg omelette, and a gallon of apple cider. I'm gonna make it awful for everyone."
"Save yourself the hassle of eating all that, just ask for one pack of sugar free Haribo gummy bears. Should make for an interesting time for the folks watching you die."
"You void your bowels when you die too so that should be lovely."
PerfectFried Chicken Scandal GIF by ABC NetworkGiphy
"Fried chicken with some Fanta."
Fried chicken is on the top of everyone's list!
DetailsInterested GIF by Nick CannonGiphy
"150mg of MDMA. I’m dying happy."
"This should absolutely be allowed. If our leaders insist on the practice of capital punishment then the condemned should be able to ingest any substance they damn please."
"McFlurry. Those machine are always broken. I just bought myself some time."
"Is this like an American thing? I worked at a McDonald's in Denmark once and our machine was never once broken when i was there."
"I saw a video about this once. I'm a little fuzzy on the details but I think it has something to do with the contract that was signed in America. Only one company is allowed to do maintenance on the machines and they basically lock out if it's cleaned incorrectly. It's a crap system."
"Cabbage!! Add some cabbage. I don’t know if an hour if enough to take effect but there was an old coworker on a cabbage diet. Omg she smelled, like it was coming out of her pores. She knew she smelled and kept apologizing and reminding us of the diet."
The OG Always
"Olive Garden. Unlimited soup and breadsticks."
"I saw a sketch once, can't remember who it 2qs from. But a an inmate ordered the all you can eat buffet and had been eating for like 8 years. He's constantly on the toilet and takes micro-naps between bites."
"Unlimited for 1 hour. Cool."
How GoldenGolden Girls Dorothy GIF by HULUGiphy
"If my grandma is still alive her potato soup and cheesecake. Hopefully I'd be able to cook said meal with her one last time."
Let's hope none of us has to make this decision.
Most people have friends they've been close to for most of their lives.
But at the same time, friends evolve, and everyone finds themselves losing touch with any number of people they at one point considered their friends over time.
Most of the time, this isn't intentional, but just simply happens.
On rare occasions though, people might realize that their friends were not exactly who they thought they were, and didn't like who they revealed themselves to be.
Redditor One-Refrigerator69 was curious to hear stories of people who realized their friends were not exactly the nicest people to be around, leading them to ask:
"When was the moment you realized that your friends are assholes?"
Compared to others...
"When I started hanging out with better people."- Darklink326
All it took was getting my life together
"When I quit drinking ‘cos it was killing me."
"There were people I literally saw every single day who just disappeared as if by magic."
"12 years ago this week, as it happens."
"I’m not anti-drink, far from it."
"Some people, me included, just can’t enjoy it without it becoming a problem."
"Everyone is different."- bigdaftgeordie
A little perspective goes a long way.
"After I realized that other people don't sh*t on each other on every possible occasion in their circle."
"And that it isn't right when a 'friend' uses every known insecurity as an argument against you when you do not behave the way he/she would want you to."- ViscousPlatemanThe Simpsons GIF by MOODMANGiphy
Lack of respect for other people's things
"I let my friend borrow my ps2 when I went to boot camp."
"When I came back, he said he sold it and gave me $50 I think?"
"This was in 2006."- madmike-86
Lack of mutual respect
"When he does sh*t to me and acts like it’s no big deal, then I do the same back and he gets offended."- Primary-Maybe-2749·
Constantly being taken advantage of.
"They only bothered with me when it suited them."
"I'd rather have nobody than have to deal with that."- zombi33mjhappy eric cartman GIF by South Park Giphy
When they literally revealed themselves to be criminals
"When they robbed me at gunpoint."- Ok_Student8032
When they stopped liking them after a change of situation
"Fourth grade, when my parents economical situation went downhill and suddenly no one invited me to their birthday party."
"Until Seven years later no one had never invited me to their birthday, or to anything at all actually."- Justalittletoserious
Not being able to get a word in...
"When they tell me to shut up when I say anything."- the_golden_cheesela respuesta GIF by Becky GGiphy
Violently playing with emotions
"She got a boyfriend and would let him listen to our phone calls and not tell me, even if I was crying about personal stuff that I would only ever tell her."
"Then they both started lying to me about my crush liking me back, forcing both him and me into awkward positions, telling everyone we liked each other so they'd play along, swapping places constantly to make us sit next to each other, pressuring him into giving me a lap dance, making him kiss the prettiest girl in the room, etc, and encouraged me to shoot my shot more and more."
"All the while they knew he didn't like me, he had told them both directly."
"One night I was crying on the phone cause I was so confused why my advances weren't working, and they just kept explaining it away, blaming some other bullsh*t reason and telling me to try again."
"The next day they told me they were laughing throughout the whole call, because I didn't get it and I was so upset."
"I should add I had no dating experience at all and nobody had ever liked me at this point."- Juliemj
It's always sad when our friends disappoint us.
But when our friends proved to be completely different people than we thought they were, it can be devastating.
As the saying goes, one never truly knows who their friends are.
When visiting any foreign country, one should always be familiar with the laws and customs of the land.
After all, what might be generally accepted on your home turf, might be frowned upon, if not illegal, elsewhere.
For that matter, even locals might need a refresher course on what they can and can't do while at home.
A recent Redditor was curious to hear what tourists and locals alike should avoid doing in the USA, leading them to ask:
"In the United States, what should you never do?"
Stay out of the skies!
"Don't fly a drone in Washington, DC."
"The whole D.C. Area is a no fly zone."
"It's a federal offense."
"Just don't do it."- PeytonCarrK
Cops can't be bribed.
"Don't try to bribe cops when you get pulled over."
"I had some Argentinian friends immediately pull out their wallets and start pooling their cash when they got pulled over once.'
"Fortunately someone in the car noticed and told them to put it away immediately."- PeytonCarrK
"Don't pay off the police."
"My dad has friends from several third-world nations where it is common practice to give the police some cash when you are pulled over."
"However, if you try to bribe a police officer here, you'll get into a lot of trouble."- JohnASmiley
Know your rights.
"Everyone, including foreigners, has the right to be silent and have a lawyer when being questioned."
"Don’t say anything."
"Also, even if you speak English fairly well, ask for an interpreter."- WickedLilThing
Enjoy all that nature has to offer... carefully!
"Don't wander off in the national parks."
"It's very real wilderness and you can get lost and die out there."
"This includes going over railings you aren't supposed to, or off trails."
"People have died accidentally falling into a steam geyser that looked like normal water, mauled by animals or left to the elements."- AlphaOhmeganational parks GIF by Visit The USAGiphy
Allow plenty of time!
"Expect consistency at TSA in airports."- WickedLilThing
Some terminology doesn't translate...
"If you’re from England, they’re called cigarettes here."- Yung_Onions
Make sure your license is up to date.
"If you come from a walkable country don’t come here expecting the same."
"There are some areas with good public transportation and bicycle/pedestrian friendly streets but for the most part, especially outside of cities, the areas are designed to accommodate cars more than anything else."
"The reason a lot of Americans drive everywhere is because, depending on where you live, we have no choice."- The_Cars93Dog Driving GIFGiphy
Wait for instructions.
"Get out of your car and approach the cop when being stopped by a cop unless told to."- hildrash
Whether your'e waling down a street in a foreign country, or the street you've lived on for your entire life, it's always wise to be on guard and aware of your surroundings.
Not to mention, obey the law.