Recently, an Askreddit thread explored the following question: What's considered trashy if you're poor, but classy if you're rich? The answers are both hilarious, and sadly revealing.
1. Getting trashed in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. The only difference is the price of the alcohol. And whether or not the alcohol was distilled in the general vicinity of the cabin.
2. Having someone drive you around. Sure, I'm in the back alone and it's a limousine. But you add one stranger and suddenly it's the city bus and I have to put my pants back on.
3. If you are weird and rich people call you eccentric, but if you are weird and poor people call you crazy.
4. Day Drinking. A minimum wage employee can't enjoy a cold beer atlunch. Meanwhile the boss gets to have mimosas during a business brunch,beer at business lunch, and wine for business 'we went home early'.
5. Having a lot of kids. Bonus points for having one named Junior.
6. Inbreeding. Famously done by rednecks and royalty.
7. Having a dinner table made out of a repurposed door. It's arty and classy only if the reason you're doing it isn't financial.
9. Having animal skins and parts in your house. It's only classy to keep stuffed dead animals if you also have a lot of money.
10. Revealing dresses. Like what you would see on the red carpet vs. whatyou see at the red light district. Seems like the only differencesometimes is the setting.
12. Eating snails. Coolif you're doing it in a fancy French restaurant, not so cool if you'rescrounging random slugs from the pavement and popping them in yourmouth.
13. Living off your parents wealth.
14. Multiple cars on your property. A garage full of sports cars is cool, but a front yard crammed with rusting junkers isn't quite the same.
15. And last but not least, Getting financial handouts from the government.